Exhibition at The Georgian House, Edinburgh
Music and Migration in Georgian Scotland: The Story of Felix Yaniewicz
Plans are underway for an exhibition on Yaniewicz’s life and music at The Georgian House, Edinburgh in 2022. The centrepiece of the exhibition will be the beautifully restored Yaniewicz & Green square piano c.1810.
You can preview some of the exhibits in this slideshow:
The centrepiece of the exhibition will be the beautifully restored Yaniewicz & Green square piano c.1810.
Other exhibits will include:
- Yaniewicz’s inlaid double violin case, which once contained his Stradivarius and Amati violins, will be on loan from the museum of historical instruments at St Cecilia’s Hall, Edinburgh.
- Family memorabilia on loan will include the pastel portrait of Yaniewicz aged 37 by De Langouste
- Portraits of his wife, Eliza Breeze
- His snuff box, and personal possessions bearing his crest and motto ‘Pro Lithuania’ including silver cutlery and his seal on a gold fob.
- Memorabilia from his musical activities in Edinburgh include An Account of the First Edinburgh Musical Festival (first edition), published in 1816 and inscribed ‘To Mrs Yaniewicz as a small mark of the author’s esteem and friendship’